I am a journalist who draws on over thirty years of print and online experience to offer a range of website and editorial services. You get calm, organised, speedy and friendly services in these fields:
- Theme WordPress website/blog builds, with training and support if needed. Add-ons include social media services, content production and SEO.
- Audits of existing websites; writing content for websites
- Online web work (curation, fast and furious news copy editing, day-to-day management; project management, writing headlines, consulting on management of online teams and production systems)
- Editing/proofreading (specialise in journalism, literature, fantasy, food and crafts)
- Training – a wide range of editorial and production modules are available
WHO I AM
I’m a content professional with editing, writing and management experience. Here’s what you get:
- A BA (Hons) degree in English and a high school teaching diploma. I obtained my Honours degree and teaching diploma at the University of Cape Town, and my BA at the then University of Port Elizabeth.
- Five years reporting experience on the Cape Times, a morning newspaper in Cape Town.
- 10 years print editing experience (copy, page layout, management and training) on the Cape Argus, Cape Town’s afternoon newspaper.
- Three years freelancing experience, in which I ran a parenting website, did copy editing for magazines and proof-read non-fiction books.
- 10 years online editing experience at Independent Online (copy editing, writing, management, project work, training. I ran entertainment and lifestyle websites for many years, in addition to my other duties).
- I have built several standard WordPress sites: the one you are looking at, The Books Page and Tidiness Project.
- I have done courses in social media, SEO and project management.